• Each team is allowed 10 players on the field at all times (6 Guys Max); a minimum of 8 players with at least 3 females is needed to avoid a forfeit.
(If there are only 2 girls present then the ref will ask the other team if they will allow the game to commence with the understanding that an automatic out will be given at the start of each inning OR if the opposing team allows to have the two girls rotate in the line-up. If one of the girls needs to bat and they are both on base then it will be an automatic out. The 2 guys 1 girl order still has to upheld.)
• All games are 9 innings OR One Hour warm-up included so whichever comes first. The last inning will start no less than 10min to the hour. The umpire is responsible for making the call at the top of the final inning. A full game counts after the 6th inning. If a game is tied at the end of 9 innings, extra innings will be played only if there is time. If there is not sufficient time (at least 10 minutes), the game will end in a tie.
• The “strike zone” extends to 1 foot on either side of home plate (basically the width of the ball. Therefore the edge of the ball still must be right next to the edge of the plate) and 1 foot high. Pitches must be rolled underhand towards home plate. A pitch that is above 1 foot when it arrives at home plate is considered a ball. Curve balls are NOT allowed.
• Ball is dead once the pitcher gets the ball in the pitchers area (5 yards away on all sides from the pitchers mound).
• If the runner is rounding the bases and the pitcher has the ball before the runner is more than halfway to the next base the runner must return to the previous base.
• The kicker may not attempt to kick the ball in front of home plate. If the kicker does contact the ball in front of home plate it will be considered a foul.
(Anything more then ½ step over the plate will be called a strike, and the play will be dead [no one can advance]
• Male batters will start with a one ball and one strike count. Women will start one ball and no strikes.
All foul balls are considered strikes, therefore if fouls are kicked that would add to a strike out then the batter will be out. There will be no foul warnings which some other leagues use.
• Bunting is not allowed and results in an automatic out.
(a bunt will be called if the ball in intentionally kicked with little force and it does not reasonably reach the pitcher’s mound. It is up to the discretion of the umpire)
• If a male is (intentionally) walked, and a female follows him in the batting order, the female has the choice to take a walk or bat unless the bases are loaded.
(It is up to the umpire to decide if the walk was intentional or not)
• A foul ball is considered a strike
• Everyone present on the team may bat. For example, if you have 12 players at the game, 12 players may bat, but only 10 may play the field. The ratio of men to women must be maintained. The ratio must be 1 girl has to bat for every 2 guys in the order.
• Only 4 players may be on the infield at the time of the pitch. If you have 4 outfielders, they must all be on the outfield turf or grass until the pitch reaches the batter.
• It is the responsibility of the Umpire to keep score.
• Mercy rule applies if a team is up more than 10 runs after six complete innings (The home team will always get their final at bats). A maximum of 10 runs can be scored in any given inning.
• Leadoffs or stealing is not allowed. Runners may leave the base once the ball crosses the plane of the plate or is hit by the batter. If a runner leaves early, the ball is dead and the runner is declared out.
• Players may be hit anywhere below the shoulders with a thrown ball and will be considered out. If a runner is struck in the head with the ball the play is immediately stopped. All Players on the base path will be awarded one additional base and the player who threw the ball can be ejected from the game.
• If a player is sliding or making an unusual play to avoid the ball, allowing a normally thrown ball to hit someone in the head then the play is up to the dicresion of the umpire of the intent of the throw. Also, if a runner is hit with the ball the play still remains live, unless the ball ricochets out of fair territory. Then the play is dead and all runners will be awarded an extra base.
• Players being struck by ball in the field of play:
-If a runner is struck by a kicked ball in fair territory while running the bases, that player is out and the play will be called dead
-If a runner is struck by a kicked ball while standing on a base they are not automatically out. If the ball strikes the player and falls into fair territory the player is out but the kicker is awarded 1st base, if the ball strikes the runner and then falls into foul territory it will be considered a foul ball.
• Infield-fly rule applies.
(the purpose of the rule is to prevent double plays, the rule only applies when there are fewer than 2 outs, and there is a force play at third base.. [batters are 1st and 2nd / or bases loaded] If a fly ball is in fair play in the infield or very shallow outfield, the umpire should call out “infield fly” Once the umpire yells this the batter will be out no matter if the ball is caught or not. this rule is intended to prevent dropping the ball intentionally in order to get a double or triple play)
• 1st and 3rd base coaches. If either of the coaches are struck with the ball while standing in an appropriate spot the play will be called dead and players will be awarded the base they are on their way to. If the base coaches are in a poor position and cause interference the lead running will be called out.
• Hawthorne Academy Field rules.
Field 1(nearest to the parking lot) An automatic home-run will only be called if a ball lands on the roof of the building OR if the ball is in the air on impact when the wall of the building is hit. If the ball lands on the ground then hits the school wall the play is live. If the ball lands on the soccer goals but remains playable the play is live. If it gets stuck on or in the soccer goals it will be ruled a ground rule double. If there is interference in the outfield from the other field in making a routine fly ball catch then the play will be called dead and the kicker will get a do over from whatever count he/she had. This call will be made by the umpire. More: If a player from the other field gets in the way of a player from field 1 trying to field the ball, then the umpire will call the play dead and determine if a ground rule double / triple / or home-run should be rewarded..
Field 2 (this is the south field near school ave.) An automatic home-run will only be called if the ball clears the fence, or the ball gets stuck in a tree. If the balls hits any of the trees and falls to the ground the play is live. If the ball hits the tree and is caught, the catch will NOT result in an out and the ball will still be live. If there is interference in the outfield from the other field in making a routine fly ball catch then the play will be called dead and the kicker will get a do over from whatever count he/she had. This call will be made by the umpire. More: If a player from the other field gets in the way of a player from field 2 trying to field the ball, then the umpire will call the play dead and determine if a ground rule double / triple / or home-run should be awarded.
• If a team does not have a minimum number of players by 10min after scheduled game time it is considered a forfeit. If you know your team can’t make the game, please let us know by contacting email@example.com. If however, the opposing team wishes to allow the team to play anyway, the game is considered official.
Schedule & Standings:
An updated schedule and standings will be posted weekly after all games have been played.
Please check the website for up-to-date weather cancellation or delays: www.LiveToSupport.com/weather
Live To Support Staff:
All LTS staff will strive to make everyone’s experience in our leagues as fun and safe as possible. We will always do our best to accommodate any situation that may arise. If you have questions regarding schedules, policies, rule interpretations, directions to the bar, etc. please ask.