Coed 7v7 Soccer Rules
-Teams have a total of 7 players on the field at a time including goalie (5 men and 2 women).
*Teams can have more women than two as long as a team does not have more than 5 men on the field.
-Teams need a total of 5 players (and at least one woman) for an official game.
– There will be two 22 minute OR 25 minute halves with a running clock depending on the league. Each game will consist of a 1-2 minute halftime.
– Shin guards strongly recommended.
– Kicking the ball backwards is allowed for the kick-off.
– No offsides rule. However, a player cannot hover in the box AND/OR in front of the keeper unless there is a play for the ball.
– All out of bounds Kick-In’s and NOT Throw-In’s. These are indirect kicks.
– Goals are only counted if by shooting past the half line and it is not touched by another player.
– Cannot score from a Goal Kick, sideline, or corner kick without touching another player either opposite team or your own.
– A goal kick should be taken no more than 5 yards from the goal line.
– Goalie/Penalty box is 12 yards in length and 24 yards wide.
– A player or goalie cannot kick a stationary free kick from their goalie box in the air to the opposing goalie box. The ball must drop prior to entering the box area.
– NO goal can be scored directly from the kick-off, goal kick or out of bounds without touching another player.
– NO goal can be scored from your own side of the half without touching another player either on your team or opposing player touching the ball.
– Teams may sub on the fly at any time. The player leaving the field must be off the field before a new player enters the field. Players must sub from about the middle line. Both teams should keep their gear and sub on the same side of the field. Please no offensive or defensive advantage subbing.
– Goalie can use hands up to the first cone (12 yards away) and 24 yards wide.
– If tied after regulation it will be tie game. (Playoffs will be a 5 minute golden goal then shootout).
– All free kicks are indirect UNLESS on a foul in the box area. The box area is 5 yards from the goal post on both sides and 12 yards out. All indirect free kicks are 6 yards away from the ball. The indirect free kicks will be on the whistle by the referee if the player asks for 6 yards.
– There is 100% NO SLIDING OR SLIDE TACKLING by a position player, violation is a free kick and the player is out for Two Minutes. The next offense the player is out for the rest of the game and subs are allowed. Only the goalie can slide to make a save BUT not a tackle on a player.
– A foul in the box, meaning the first cone on both sides that is determined intentional will be a penalty kick.
Each team shall field 7 players on the field at one time (no more than 5 men). LTS Chicago allows a team to play a legal game shorthanded with a minimum of 5 players, with at least 1 female. Teams may have as many as 15 players on their roster. All rosters must be finalized by the third week of the regular season. No players that aren’t on the roster can play in the playoffs.
Balls are provided by LTS for every game. Shin-guards are strongly recommended. We also require matching colored shirts. We can supply them, but if you have jerseys let us know ahead of time what color you’ll wear for the season.
Teams will have until 7 minutes past the designated start time to field a legal team. Teams may pick up players during the regular season in order to field a full team. Substitutes, non roster players, will not be allowed during playoffs.
If your team forfeits a match during the season, the following rules apply:
First Offense: Game recorded as loss and warning issued.
Second Offense: Game recorded as loss and LTS Chicago staff reserves the right to remove team from league and playoffs with no refund for games not played.
Third Offense: Removal from the league and playoffs with no refund for games not played.
If you know in advance that your team is going to forfeit a game, we encourage you to call our office so as to help us schedule your opponent a game. However, this does not mean that your team will not receive the loss as a forfeit.
ROCK/PAPER/SCISSOR FOR BALL:
The beginning of the game will start with the LTS Chicago Referee and both captains playing one game of Rock/Paper/Scissor for ball. The winning team will choose kick-off or side.
Consists of the ball being placed at midfield on the center spot. The ball is in play once it is touched backward or forward by any player.
Teams are allowed to substitute on the fly as long as it’s not offensive or defensive advantage.
Play will be divided into two (2) 22 or 25 minute halves with a very brief halftime. There will be a running clock maintained by the referee. The clock will stop only during serious injury time-outs. Any delay tactics, (kicking the ball far out of bounds) will allow the referee (at his/her discretion) to stop the clock. If time wasting is being employed by a team, the offending player may be cautioned (yellow card), at referee’s discretion. A game will be considered played in full when second half starts. No games will be rescheduled for weather or for any other reasons once IF the second half starts in any game during the regular season. Playoffs are exception to the rule for postponement.
INDIRECT FREE KICKS:
All fouls during play are indirect. The ball is to be placed at the point of the infraction and put in play by any player on the affected team. No opposing player is allowed to be within 6 paces/yards of ball prior to kick. A player stepping unnecessarily close in front of an opposing free kick may be cautioned, however, 6 paces/yards will only be granted if asked for by a member of the team with the free kick. An indirect free kick must be touched by a player (of either team) other than the person who takes the kick before a goal is scored.
– Takes more than 10 seconds to release the ball from his/her hands
– Touches the ball again with his/her hands after it has been released by his/her possession without touching another player
– Touches the ball with his/her hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him/her by a teammate
– Touches the ball with his/her hands after he/she has received the ball directly from a kick in by a teammate
– Plays in a dangerous manner
– Sliding it NOT allowed unless done by a keeper to save a goal
– Impedes the progress of an opponent (obstruction)
– Prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his/her hands
– Offensive player cannot initiate contact with the goalie