Bowling Rules – Coed 5s Recreational
• Each team will play TWO games per player
• Each team is allowed 5 players on their team to BOWL each week for counted scores. Six players max per team as the 6th can bowl but that player needs to be designated before the game of he/she scores not counting.
BEGINNING OF THE GAME
• The first game will begin when both teams have at least THREE people (ONE must be female) as close to the beginning time as possible for Coed 5s. Forfeits will be called at 15 minutes after the start time if a team cannot field a legal team. Only FIVE bowlers per game will be calculated and allowed to score for each team. Players must be decided ahead of time on who is counting for the game if more than 5 per lane.
• Teams must have at least TWO Females for Coed 5s.
• 2 hours for Coed 5s Bowling on one lane per team. If extra time players can keep bowling for fun.
• Teams will play against another team on the lane next to them for TWO games each night. Top 8 scores are calculated out of the 10.
• Standings will be based on points won from Top 8 Scores of each week. The 6th week of play the top FOUR teams will play 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 playoff series with winner of each playing double-header. The semi-finals and finals of each will play at BEST OF THREE. Double-header for winner of first series.
Consolation Games: Bottom teams will play consolation games against a team closest in points.
• All shoes for team members each night will be paid for by LTS Chicago.
LTS Chicago will provide a staff member on-site to assist players with any problems or questions they may have. There are no referees.
If your team forfeits a match during the season, the following rules apply:
First Offense: Loss of game and warning issued.
Second Offense: Loss of game and staff reserves the right to remove team from playoffs.
Third Offense: Removal from the league
If you know in advance that your team is going to forfeit a game, we encourage you to call LTS Chicago so as to help us schedule your opponent a game.
Teams have until ten minutes past the designated start time to field a full squad (at least minimum players required according to rules). If at that time one team is unable to field a full team, it will be up to the staff and the opposing captain to determine what is allowable.
All eligible teams make the playoffs (teams that have not abused the reffing or forfeit policies are eligible)
Seeding: Teams are seeded according to POINTS. In the event of a tie we also evaluate head to head wins.