Frequently Asked Questions
- How to pay with a deposit?: In order to pay a deposit for the team league fee you should register as a team and then make sure the “Divide team player fee among players?” is unchecked. On the payment page the captain will have the option to pay a minimum deposit amount (varies per league)
- How do I designate a teammate? When you are registering as an individual there will be a form field “Teammates” that you can enter names of people you want to be on the same team with. When LTS forms the teams we will ensure you are on the same team
- How do I register the my teammates to join my online roster? Log into your personal LTS Dashboard, and look for the option to “Add or Manage Players” in your current registered activities. Choose to “Invite Players” and type in your teammate’s email addresses. Each teammate will receive an email invitation and will be automatically added to the roster once they accept. Everyone registered in the system will have access to team schedule, league standings, weekly game reminders, weather updates, etc.
Playing for a Charity
- Do I have to be involved with a Non-Profit in order to play? No, you are not required to be a part of a Non-Profit in order to join LTS Chicago Leagues or Events. Every Team that joins LTS, does have the opportunity to choose any organization they want to play for but your involvement in that organization off the field is up to you. The mission of LTS Chicago is to bridge the gap between young professionals & local charities so while it’s not required, we encourage and help facilitate an introduction to organizations whenever possible.
- What does it mean to play for a charity? Every team has an opportunity to choose any organization they wish to play for. Every week before the game, both teams will meet in the middle and share a little information about the charity they are playing for. We call this moment, “Two Minutes of Awareness”. At the conclusion of the season, LTS Chicago will donate an allotted amount approx. $200-$1,000 to the winning team’s charity of choice. The Championship team will take a photo a BIG check and LTS notifies the charity of the donation by sending the championship and captain’s contact information.
- How do we choose a charity? When you register online, there will be a drop down list of the local charities that LTS is partnered with. You can choose any of these organizations if you want and LTS will get you connected with our contact. If you want to play for an organization that is not on our list, you can choose “Other – Pick My Own”, which will allow you to write in your chose charity.
- What if I don’t know what charity my team will be playing for during registration? That is okay. All we ask is that before the season start, you contact Mali@LiveToSupport.com once you have coordinated with your team to confirm what charity your team will be playing for. If you are playing for an LTS Partner Charity, we will connect your team to someone within the charitable organization so you can get more involved if you want.
- Can my team choose multiple charities to support? No. Your team needs to choose one organization to play for each season. If you want to change the organization you are playing for, you can do so in between seasons (Spring to Summer) but once you choose an organization you will be playing for that organization for the rest of the season
- How does a Non-Profit become a LTS Partner Charity? Any locally based Chicago Charity can be a part of the LTS Chicago program. LTS Chicago requires a letter of intent (e-mail or print) sent to Mali@LiveToSupport.com. This will then be followed by a brief phone or in-person meeting with the LTS Chicago Marketing & Outreach Partner.
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!!